Navigation Menu

Summary: March


MARCH

This month I looked at couture collections, bridal fashion. I loved the Chanel couture collection and thought I would look into it more as i wanted to know more about the collection. I came across on the Behind the scenes video on Vogue and it really showed me what actually goes on! The design process and settings and styling! I do have an idea of what goes on and the process because I have ran the process up myself when i designed my own collections, and had a fashion show. When it comes to design and couture, they are inspirations! 

I also came across the new ASOS Bridal campaign, so when i looked more in depth this is their first collection for brides, with brands like H&M already having affordable but beautiful bridal ranges, it was only time till others joined in! I noticed the gap in the high street market, bridal dresses are expensive but i was amazed at the quality of dresses and outfits that ASOS has brought out. They are very contemporary yet some of the dresses have elegance and traditional values. 

The post that interested me was the microchip fashion for Ferragamo, we are going so far with technology and i noticed this when doing my trend cartogram, as i chose technology. Our society is connected by tech and it was only a matter of time before the fashion industry found a way to use it to their advantage.